Colin is a steam crane who is good friends with Freddie.
Colin works at the Wharf. He once felt upset because he could not attend a Christmas party and Freddie arranged for the party to be moved to the wharf so Colin could participate.
Colin is lonely deep inside, as he is fixed in place at the Wharf. He feels left out of some of the fun that the narrow gauge engines have.
Colin is mostly green with red pulleys and cogwheels amongst his mechanism. He has a grey roof with grey boards along the top of his cab above his door.
He also appears in the books, Colin and James Sorts It Out.
- The Big Book of Engines incorrectly lists Colin as a diesel powered crane.
- According to John Lee, Colin was originally supposed to have a longer nose, but this was scaled down due to merchandising reasons.
- Wooden Railway (reintroduced 2014)
- My Thomas Story Library (discontinued)
- Take-n-Play (with Charlie)