Lady Jane Hatt (née Brown) is Sir Topham Hatt's wife and the sister of Sir Handel Brown I. She is also the mother to Sir Charles Topham Hatt II, the grandmother to Stephen and Bridget Hatt, the aunt of Sir Handel Lloyd Brown II, and the sister-in-law to Sir Lowham Hatt.
Lady Hatt occasionally helps her husband with railway business, and the engines sometimes go to extreme lengths to help throw parties for her birthday. She likes the railway, but had a certain dislike for Annie and Clarabel until they were cleaned and repainted. Although her husband runs a railway, she likes a day out on a boat or in their car.
Percy had the job of taking Lady Hatt to Great Waterton for a surprise; to see the brass band.
The engines are extremely fond of her and like when she visits the railway or rides in one of their coaches. A kind and gentle woman, Lady Hatt usually praises the engines for their good deeds.
- Teresa Gallagher (UK; thirteenth season onwards - US; seventeenth season only)
- Jules de Jongh (US; thirteenth season onwards - excluding seventeenth season)
- According to Lady Hatt's Birthday Party, Lady Hatt's birthday is during the summer.
- Lady Hatt is the only human character to have a Namecard.
- In the Magazines, Lady Hatt is commonly referred to as "Lady Topham Hatt". She is occasionally mistaken for Dowager Hatt also.
- Lady Hatt has changed a few times through the series:
- In the third season, Lady Hatt's appearance drastically changed.
- In the seventh season, she had less makeup on.
- From the twelfth season and onwards, she gained her red lips.
- Her eye colour also changed several times, they were blue in season one, black in seasons three through nine, blue again in The Green Controller, black again from the rest of season ten until The Great Discovery, and brown from season twelve and onwards.
- ERTL (discontinued)
- Wooden Railway (discontinued)
- Brio (discontinued)
- Trading Cards (discontinued)
- Departing Now (discontinued)