Mr. Gilbert Perkins, also referred to as Driver Perkins (played by the late Ben Forster), is a driver on Sodor. Mr. Perkins helps out Sir Topham Hatt, all of Sodor's engines and the drivers. He has been featured on several DVDs since 2010. He also presented the Down at the Station segments for the seventeenth season (repeated alongside the eighteenth and nineteenth seasons) under the title Mr. Perkins' Railway.
Ben Forster died on 2nd January 2017 at the age of 59, following a battle with cancer. It is unknown if he will be replaced.
Mr. Perkins is an engine driver for the North Western Railway. He commonly educates viewers about various different things and also tells Railway Series stories.
Mr. Gilbert Perkins is a kind, helpful person. He always follows orders from Sir Topham Hatt.
- Fred Meijer (The Netherlands; voiceover)
- Pedro D'Aguillón Jr. (Latin America; voiceover)
- The common room segments were filmed in a studio in Altrincham, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom.
- The hand-knitted scarf, worn by Perkins in Mr. Perkins' Soccer Match, is preserved by the Top Props preservation group, after it was sold by The Prop Gallery.
- Mr. Perkins has said that he normally drives Thomas, but he has also driven Percy, James, Gordon and Diesel.
- In Henry and the Elephant, it was revealed he is married to Mrs. Perkins.
- His first name, Gilbert, was only mentioned in Mr. Perkins' Trainee.
|North Western Railway|
|Thomas • Edward • Henry • Gordon • James • Percy • Toby • Duck • Donald and Douglas • Oliver • Daisy|
|Bill and Ben • Harvey • Emily • Arthur • Murdoch • Neville • Rosie • Whiff • Stanley • Hank • Flora • Victor • Charlie • Bash and Dash • Ferdinand • Scruff • Belle • Porter • Timothy • Marion • Glynn • Ryan • Skiff • Diesel • Mavis • Diesel 10 • 'Arry and Bert • Salty • Den • Dart • Sidney • Paxton • Norman • Philip • Flynn • Winston • Stafford •|