Pierce Brosnan, (born in Navan, County Meath, Ireland on May 16th, 1953) is a Golden Globe-nominated Irish actor who is best known for playing James Bond in four films from 1995 to 2002. Pierce narrated The Great Discovery as a special guest narrator. He had recorded lines for the twelfth season of the television series, but when the season aired, Michael Angelis and Michael Brandon remained the series' narrators up until the sixteenth season. Had he stayed as narrator of the series, he would have narrated the twelfth to fourteenth seasons, as well as three specials. It is still unknown why he did not return.
Brosnan has stated he shares an interest and love of the characters, having read the stories with his children when they were young.
Major awards and nominations
- Won - Golden Raspberry Award - Worst Supporting Actor, 2008, for "Mamma Mia!"
- Nominated - Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy, 2005, for "The Matador" - lost to Joaquin Phoenix for Walk the Line.
- He, Ringo Starr, George Carlin, and Alec Baldwin have hosted Saturday Night Live and made guest appearances on The Simpsons.
- He and Mara Wilson appeared in "Mrs. Doubtfire".
- He appeared alongside John Gielgud and Francisco Colmenero in "Quest for Camelot".