Raul is a feisty Brazilian engine who participated in the Shunting Challenge at The Great Railway Show at least twice and was a former champion.
Raul participated in the Great Railway Show's Shunting Challenge at least twice and won the championship at least once. Once when he was again being carried from Brazil to take compete in England via a rail ferry, he accidentally arrived on the Island of Sodor when it made a wrong stop. Raul promptly backed onto the ferry, but not before Thomas corned him and attempted to start a conversation with him until being bumped out of the way by Vinnie.
At the show, Raul participated in the Shunting Challenge alongside Ivan, Gina, Ashima and Thomas, but ended losing the event after championships were awarded to Thomas and Ashima. Raul later returned home with the other international engines.
Raul is a feisty little tank engine from the sunny Brazil who was an eager competitor.
Raul is based on a series of vertical-boilered steam locomotives built by Sentinel in 1931 for the São Paulo Railway. The real engine carrying his number is still in service at the Amsted Maxion railway equipment factory in Cruzeiro, Brazil, and is built to run on broad gauge rails, whereas Raul is standard gauge.
Raul is painted yellow with blue and green lining. He has yellow and black hazard stripes painted across his running board and bufferbeams, and his buffers are silver. He also bears his number, 166, on the side of his cab.
Raul was also featured in a Meet the Contenders segment, and appeared in the Thomas Creator Collective web-series.
- Rob Rackstraw (UK/US)
- Raul is painted in the colours of the Brazilian flag.
- Raul's promotional video incorrectly states that he is based off of the Two-Engined Sentinel 7109. This engine was originally the inspiration for Logan's number.
- Even though his wheels are grey, his merchandise wheels are green.
- His whistle in The Great Race is actually Rheneas' at one half-step lower in pitch, while in the app Magical Tracks, his whistle is Spencer's a lower pitch.
- "Back up, back up!"
- Raul ordering the engines back on to the ship, The Great Race.
- Raul shouting to the signalman, The Great Race.
|Diesel • British Railways|
|Spencer • Hiro • Hiro's Friends • Connor • Caitlin • Stephen's Competitors • The Mainland Engines • Gator • Samson|
|Logan • Sam|
|Ashima • Rajiv • Yong Bao • Vinnie • Carlos • Raul • Shane • Etienne • Frieda • Gina • Axel • Ivan|
|Theo • Lexi • Merlin • Hurricane • Frankie|
|Spencer's Special Coaches • Connor's Coaches • Caitlin's Coaches • Bradford|