27 January 2010 (UK)
Tickled Pink is the third episode of the thirteenth season.
The Fat Controller sends James to the Sodor Steamworks for a new coat of paint. Emily has broken down while picking up Bridget Hatt to take her to a birthday party and no other engine is available, so Sir Topham Hatt has to send James, who is still painted in his pink undercoat. When Emily sees James, she laughs at him, so to prevent the others from doing the same, James decides to hide.
He sees Toby coming down the line and hides beneath a willow tree but Gordon rushes past and blows the tree branches up and Toby sees him and laughs.
Then he sees Diesel who is shunting trucks. James really does not want to be seen by Diesel so he hides behind the waiting trucks. Eventually, Diesel shunts them all and James and his pink paint are revealed. Diesel laughs at James.
Finally, James tries to hide from Gordon in Henry's Tunnel. Thomas and Percy arrive to see what is going on. Gordon insists that the engine in the tunnel reveal himself so that the express can get through. So, James is left with no choice but to reveal himself and after James is laughed at, he realises he is running late. So he steams to Maithwaite passing Henry and Spencer who also laugh, but James does not mind; he just wants to be a really useful engine.
James thinks Bridget and her friends will laugh at him, but instead they smiled, got excited & very happy and Bridget & her friends said to James Pink is their favourite colour, which makes James feel better.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Bridget Hatt
- Bridget Hatt's Friends
- Edward (cameo)
- Henrietta (cameo)
- The Maithwaite Stationmaster (cameo)
- Kerry Shale joins the UK cast.
- The plot is similar to Henry Sees Red from The Railway Series book, Henry and the Express.
- A deleted scene from this episode can be seen as part of Percy's Parcel and Being Percy.
- Diesel's bufferbeam is black in one scene.
- When Gordon races past Toby, the brake coach is at the back of the express, but in the next shot, the brake coach is at the front.
- When James puffs away from Spencer, his coaches have switched places.
- Emily: "Cinders and Ashes! You're bright pink James!? Ha! Ha! Ha!"
- Toby: "Fizzling Fireboxes James! You're a big pink engine! Ha! Ha! Ha!"
- Percy: "James... you're all....pink! Ha, ha! What a funny colour!"
- Gordon: I'd hide, too, if I was bright pink!
- Spencer: "Oh, dear James. Bright pink really isn't your colour!"
- Magazine Stories - Tickled Pink (2010 magazine story) and Tickled Pink (2011 magazine story)
- Capsule Plarail - Pink James
In Other Languages
|French||Une Couleur Gênant||An Annoying Colour|
|Welsh||Y Ryfeddu Pinc||The Pink Marvel|
|Danish||Hvad en Sjov Farve!||What a Funny Colour!|
|Norwegian||Rødmende rosa||Blushing Pink|
|Swedish||På rosa moln||On Pink Clouds|
|Finnish||Jaska Vaihtaa Väriä||James Changes Colour|
|Italian||James la Locomotiva Rosa||James the Pink Engine|
|Russian||Герой дня||Hero of the Day|
|Korean||분홍 기관차 제임스||Pink Locomotive James|
|Czech||Růžový kavalír||Pink Cavalier|
|Indonesian||Pink yang Lucu||Pink Funny|
|Hungarian||A rózsaszín mozdony||The Pink Engine|
|Romanian||Roz Bombon||Pink Candy|
|Serbian||Tugaljiva roze boja||Docile, Pink Color|
|Polish||Różowa Lokomotywa||Pink Engine|
|Slovak||Ružový kavalier||Pink Color|
|Catalan||La vida de color de rosa||Life Pink|
|Greek||Έντονο ροζ||Bright Pink|
|Thai||สีใหม่ของเจมส์||James' New Colors|
Home Media Releases
- Creaky Cranky
- Creaky Cranky
|<< Season 12||Season 13||Season 14 >>|
|#01||Creaky Cranky||#08||Thomas and the Pigs||#15||Splish Splash Splosh|
|#02||The Lion of Sodor||#09||Time for a Story||#16||The Biggest Present of All|
|#03||Tickled Pink||#10||Percy's Parcel||#17||Snow Tracks|
|#04||Double Trouble (Season 13)||#11||Toby's New Whistle||#18||Henry's Good Deeds|
|#05||Slippy Sodor||#12||A Blooming Mess||#19||Buzzy Bees|
|#06||The Early Bird||#13||Thomas and the Runaway Kite||#20||Hiro Helps Out|
|#07||Play Time||#14||Steamy Sodor|